oh the adventure

Friday, November 13, 2009

"In my own little corner
In my own little chair
I can be what ever I want to be
On the wings of my fancy I can fly anywhere
And the world will open its arms to me"
-Brandy 'In My Own Little Corner'

so alone i sit in my own little corner
wondering why i'm so upset
why can't i say i'm in love
and why can't i walk away

when did i decide it was okay to disobey
and pursue the pleasure of these moments
i found i'm not strong enough to stand on my own
when will i learn i don't have to
and let someone in who cares about me

i try and yet
alone i sit
in my own little corner
in my own little world
where i think its safe to play

in my own little corner where its safe to dream
in my own little corner where its safe
i don't have to think about love

in my own little corner i can still say "one day"
'one day' i'll be strong enough to reach the people around me
with a love unlike any other
'one day' i'll be the woman who doesn't need affirmation
for the good things she's done
'one day' i'll live up to the standards i claim
'one day'

until i step out into 'one day'
i'll sit for a lifetime of todays,
in my own little corner
on my own little chair
pretending i can be whoever i want to be

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home