oh the adventure

Thursday, July 17, 2008

for as long as i can remember, people have been telling me things about religion and the way i'm supposed to live in accordance with my religious beliefs. specifically in the area of the opposite sex. there are many rules about the opposite sex. i'm sure you're familiar with the list...don't have sex before you're married, keep your feet on the floor, the lights should stay on...the list continues.

he's a good guy, and he has many attractive qualities, but not common faith. for years i've listened to lectures on how "missionary dating" doesn't work. now i'm hearing "well, give him time, he might come around". "time is your ally." few of my close and trusted friends have provided me with warnings to heed. maybe because they know i know better.

i know i know better. but i still like him. and what would the people at work think? they think we're so cute...i know this boy is a nice boy and he goes to church on occassion and he prays every night, but i'm not interested in religion as a weekend hobby. i'm not interested in a passing fling.

i'm interested in spending the rest of my life with someone who challenges my faith and encourages my growth as a person. someone who loves deeply and is attracted to me. not my appearance. looks evolve and situations change but integrity and faithfulness are choices that not everyone chooses to make. if he's not making those choices now, i'm not waitng around until he does.

i could live with what's good and continue to pray that he would come to terms with his faith in a genuine way. or i could pray from a distance while holding to my convictions. the later wouldn't be as much fun as watching movies and going for walks,

but when i sit in that place where the world makes sence and i think about this boy, i know what i need to do...and compromise is not an option

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home