oh the adventure

Saturday, January 06, 2007

I was done with being told no; so I went. I woke up, stretched my muscles and suited up. It was past time for a run. Off I went; tennies, two shirts and sunglasses; staples for a sunny 30 degree afternoon. Those first 3 blocks felt so great! It was the 4th block however that put a smile on my face as wide as the Mississippi River is long. In that one block I gave it my best. Perfect form. Loose fingers, on toes, perfectly bent elbows and high knees. The wind in my hair and speed beneath my feet; it was invigorating.

16 blocks later I had returned home. However before I could complete my final 12 steps to the front door I was stopped by the car behind me. Thinking it could be someone who was lost in the neighborhood and looking for directions I turned around. His name was Brian. He was not looking for directions, he knew exactly where he was. He was forward, but had the sincere awkwardness of a 14 year old boy asking the prettiest girl in school to the prom. Sorry Brian.

The wind in my hair and blurs of concrete beneath my feet, you just can't buy a feeling like that. Feels like freedom. No chains around my feet or blindfold covering my vision. Just the wind on my face and the sun at my back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home